Monday, February 28, 2011

My letter !

Hey there family!!!

It´s been a long, worn out, but happy week. Elder Palmer and I worked our tails off to make sure that we are going to have some more baptisms this transfer. We really tired ourselves out, and it seems that our efforts have paid off. :) It´s always nice to feel that efforts pay off. Well, I guess every effort that one gives to the Lord is worth the pain, we will always receive blessings for the things that we do. We didn´t have baptisms this week, but we will in the coming weeks.

It was crazy to hear that Dad got in a car accident, it kind of scared me to be honest. It was lucky for Michael to get through the intersection first. Did Michael stop or had he already gone far enough past that he didn´t see it?

The weather here is finally starting to cool down. It´s been kind of nice. We haven´t been having the terrible heat that makes it just miserable to be in the street lately. It probably helps that like all week it was raining... usually does. Most of the streets were all flooded on Wednesday. On top of it all my companion and I were running around in the afternoon trying to take care of some emergency transfers that were going on. It ´wasn´t fun wandering around with all of that rain and getting wet. My shoes were... note, were... waterproof. Haha, I guess they can only take up to a certain point.

Our Pday plans!! We set up some times to get together with the other Zone Leaders - Elder Nicholls and Elder Mohlman and go play games and just have fun; but we have to be back to the apartment at a certain time to be able to get food. We decided to do something solo this week and then plan something big for the zones next week. So, we´ll see what we end up doing. Well, we are here after all of our adventures, and it was a nice PDay. Not as physically demanding as most, so that was nice. Less chance of getting injured.

A fun note on the week, I got my foot worked on this week! Isn´t that exciting!!! I had a really bad hangnail, as did my companion, so we both had to go to the foot doctor to get her to take it out. Not going to lie, it hurt alot; they use less pain killers here, just a topical one. But, she fixed the problem, and now I am walking more normally. The size of the piece she took out of my foot was huge!! Don´t worry Mom, I am fine, and I have no other health problems.

Other than my adventures with emergency transfers and the foot problem, it was kind of a boring week. I´m not sure what else there is to say. We just worked really hard, and are trying to be the best missionaries that we can be. Not much more than that. People keep reminding me how little time I have left, and the idea scares me. I love doing what I do. Sharing the gospel, talking to people, even the times when we get rejected, like when people scream ´Mormon´at us and stuff like that. I love it! Everyone should go out and do it. The whole city of Formosa is all excited. The zone, the leaders, the members. It´s really amazing. I don´t want to leave Formosa, even though sadly I think I might this transfer. I just have to take advantage of it while I still can!!

I gotta go, sorry that it was short this week. Our Pday plans for today make my time a little bit shorter. I will try and think of some great stories for next week.

I love you all!!!
- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers