How is everything going?
This week was a week full of lots of work.... Lots of work. The results we saw weren´t exactly what we had in mind, but we gave it our best. There is always room to improve. The best part is that next week is going to be even better!!! :) Haha, well it depends on how transfers go, I guess. Transfers are this week, on Wednesday. Sadly, it´s a pretty sure bet that I will be leaving. I love this area, I love Formosa, and all of the people here. It´s ok though, as I have said before, whatever the Lord says, is what will happen. Tuesday night I will know where I am going and then Wednesday morning I will be off to wherever it is I will be the last two transfers of my mission. Next Monday I could be writing you from an entirely different province!! Crazy isn´t it? Our zone is still doing really well. We should have more than 10 baptisms as a zone, so I guess if I leave I will be able to leave on a good note, with the zone progressing. :) That´s always good.
The weather here is kind of the same. It rained a little bit this last week. Today it is really hot though. Really humid, it seems like that it is going to rain again soon. Everyone is saying that the heat is in it´s last stages. Funny, right as I leave Formosa. That´s ironic.
A couple of random stories for the week. We were walking to the chapel for a meeting and a couple of guys stopped us. Their first question was whether or not we were American, and after they found out we were they asked us what we thought about what happened in Japan. We were leaving 'cause they were drunk, and as we walked away one guy said, ´I know I´m drinking.... but I´m coherent, not drunk´ as he sipped a beer. We went to the richest barrio in our area yesterday to work... and it was hard. Wow, some people really didn´t want to hear about the gospel. Except... a drunk lady. She told us to sit down, and then started smoking. Because of how the wind was going... all of the cigarette smoke hit... me. My eyes hurt when we left, but we got a good laugh about it later. The best part was right after her we did find a pretty cool family that I think has a good chance of getting baptized.
I got to talk in Church this week, as the last speaker. I talked about the importance of the obra misional. I found a bunch of cool quotes about how the preaching of the gospel is the only thing that can save the world. The members said they liked it, so I felt good about it. Last night we had a family home evening with our neighbors and owners of the apartment. We helped the Dad get the home teachers organized so that the barrio can get things moving more. Yesterday was also a cool experience; one of the kids from the Salto family passed the sacrament, so that was really neat for me to see. :) We went and visited them on Saturday night. To kind of say goodbye if it is that I end up leaving. They are an amazing family. I´m gonna miss them, I´ll definitely keep in contact with them. We ate noodles and talked about the temple. I hope that they get there soon, that will really help them out alot. I had them all write in my journal and we took some photos. :)
Well, I don´t know what else I can really say about the week. We are working really hard with a couple to get them baptized this week. They had some doubts come up, but we are trying to help them the best we can. I look forward to another week of work and fun. Should be awesome!!!
I have to be off! I love you all!!!!
- Matthew
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment