Hey everyone!!!
Well, I´m here again writing. A little bit later in the day because we were out playing paddle in the sun for the morning and into the afternoon. It´s a version of tennis. It was really fun, just also really, really hot. I managed to sunburn myself a little bit. Hopefully it won´t last too long. So, as one might be able to tell Pday has been a pretty good day. Playing a little bit of sports, eating a lot of ice cream and drinking a lot of water. That´s Pday so far.
And now… off to stuff that has happened to me in the week. It was a really hot, and long, and rough week. The divisions were really nice on Tuesday, Bella Vista is a really nice city. Wednesday being Zone Conference was a really good one. President focused every part of it on Christ. I really liked that. I did get to see Elder Mohlman. It was fun to talk to him for a while, though I´m just jealous that he got to go to Iguazu, and I didn´t. But I´ll get over it. The other problem with Zone Conference was that the air conditioning in the chapel wasn´t working, so it got hot enough that President finally broke down and let us take our suit coats off. Haha. Afterward we all ate hamburgers. That didn´t sit that well with anyone, but we managed to survive. Then it was off for almost four more hours back down to Goya. We were all really, really tired when we finally made it back to our areas.
Another not so fun occurrence this week was that because of the holidays, nobody got their monthly allowance until it was almost too late. We were almost ready to begin a forced fast. Which wouldn´t have been too much fun in my book. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – were just normal days, in that the schedule was just the same. We went out and tried to find people to teach, with different degrees of success. We had a rough time of it this week. Lots of people that don´t have time to listen to us. That, and the fact that New Years was coming didn´t help us all that much. Oh, and to answer your question, people celebrate New Years here just like they do all over the world. They have big pàrties, get drunk, and shoot off fireworks and firearms into the air. Almost exactly the same as in the United States. We celebrated by just eating in the apartment. Presdient didn´t want us out in the streets, or in the houses of members during this holiday. Cause, I guess people get more drunk for New Years than they do for Christmas. Strange how that one works.
It was kind of weird for me this holiday season. None of it felt like it happened. The holidays were just another day for me. Strange, and I assume that the next year will be the same. Yeah, we went and had a little bit of fun, but, it just didn´t have the same feel to it. Maybe it was just the lack of snow.
The week was also rough because we realized that nobody here likes to go to church. Everywhere we went this week people talked about how they were going to be in the chapel on Sunday, and didn´t end up there. It was kind of frustrating. We lost some of our baptismal dates, because they weren´t in the chapel. But, we will keep working with them. Our one for January that still stands is Pedro. He´s already gotten his response and is really excited for his baptism. Understands everything really well. An amazing bright spot in everything!!!
Well, I have to run, I love and miss you all,
- Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment