Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter! ! !

Hola everyone

So I was going to start this email by sending a bunch of pictures, but that got changed when the computer I´m at decided to not like my camera. So I will be sending them next week. They were going to be pictures of downtown Posadas where we went and hung out in between sessions of General Conference. It was a pretty amazing weekend.

But, I must start at the beginning of the week. Alright... the beginning of the week wasn´t really that exciting at all. The only cool thing that I can think of is that our branch President - President Lopez, is an amazing guy. He has been going out and working with us at least one day every week since I have been here. And this week he went out to work with us two days. On one of the days we went to visit this family who are friends of his. We sat down and president opened the visit by saying ¨These missionaries are here to help you get baptized¨. So we taught him, he came to conference and is going to get baptized in a couple of weeks. The work here in Santa Clara is really taking off. I´m excited to be here, and happy about all of the stuff that is happening.

Other exciting notes - we´re getting kicked out of our house. Friday, I was doing divisions with the Zone Leaders, and the owner came by. President del Castillo had asked me to sign a letter of agreement with the owner. A paper that basically says that they won´t raise the price for a year, we´ll keep the place nice, and we can leave with a month´s notice and vice versa. The owner didn´t like that plan very much because he likes the idea of raising the price whenever he wants because ¨The owner sets the terms!¨ So... we´re moving in for the time being with the zone leaders. Maybe forever... and this week we have the pleasure of taking care of all the moving! FUN!

Oh, and also this week is interviews with President. There are already only two weeks left in the transfer. It´s gone crazy fast! I have a few things to ask president during this interview. That´d be interesting. One thing is to ask for help from another mission to send their missionaries to get some papers for the divorce of an investigator we have.

The major highlight of this week was, as expected, General Conference! It was awesome to be able to sit through all five of the sessions. It gives one more of a sense of why you are in the mission, and who exactly is the church. And makes one feel a little bit more like the church is a lot bigger than what it seems like sometimes. Like to see the conference center full to the brim, more members than I´ve seen in a while. It also gave me a strange thought, that I´ve been in the mission for two conferences already, and the other, six months ago, took place in the same stake center as the one where I am at now. Pretty cool if you ask me. I¨m still thinking of talks that I really liked. One of them would have to be Elder Hollands. I don´t know, I like President Monson´s in Priesthood as well. I´ll have to go read through my notes to pick a favorite. Something that caught my eye, two things really. 1 - that Elder Andersen said they don´t coordinate themes; and like half were centered on preserving the family, wow. 2 - that it´s kind of sad that an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, had to remind us to do something as simple and basic as family history work. But yeah. To quote President Packer ¨we are who we are, we know what we know¨ Nobody can change that.

Another awesome thing that happened at conference was that I got to see my convert family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably the best moment of the conference. We talked alot and they were excited to see me. :) (I did also get to see lots of other members from my first area, who surprisingly remembered me. :) ) Miriam (the mom) knows the zone leaders and went and told them that I have to go visit, and told my companion that I´m her son. :) Haha. Being that it is my birthday a week from today as well (a Pday), they invited me to go celebrate it there with them. I´m supposed to let mom know to be happy, I´ll have a family to celebrate my birthday with. :)

That´s pretty much all of the exciting news that I was able to share this week. Otherwise it was a pretty normal week. I´m happy, healthy, and yeah. Oh, and the weather is starting to cool down slowly, and it rained like all weekend. The world was crying for Easter we heard alot. That´s pretty much it.
Anywho, gotta go!
Love and miss you all,
-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers