Hello family!!!
So... we were given just a little bit of time to write to the families. But, I didn´t know that ahead of time, so that´s why I had my companion send a short email that said that I was alive.
The training that were are having is amazing. It´s all done by Presidente del Castillo. It´s all about how to be a more effective teacher, and to teach more to the needs of the investigators and less of just teaching rote lessons. It also involves lots and lots of practice teaching situations. Lots of practices. There is also a new Preach My Gospel DVD which we are watching. The catch is that up to now it is only in English, so... the gringos have to translate for the Latinos. I have been translating for Elder Hilario, our zone leader, which is kind of hard in real time, as the movie is going. But, also a new learning experience. Hahaha.
The past week has been an interesting one. The weather has kind of been all over the place, from being really, really cold, to being hot, and in the middle. Which kind of wreaks havoc with the health. I have the typical headache, sore throat thing going on again, but I figure that a few days sitting down for most of the day should help out with that.
We are having a good amount of great things happen in the area. We don´t have a baptism this week, next week yes though. Should be a good number of people; four, maybe five. But we will see what happens. As you learn in the mission, you just have to work as hard as you can, and the results, whether you end up baptizing a ton, depends on what the Lord has in store for you. I´m really excited for two of the baptisms that we are going to have; a couple, that has already told us that the Church is true, and that they are excited for their baptisms. :)
Hmm... ah, the other fun thing, during the training we have four other missionaries staying in our apartment, which makes everything a little bit interesting. You saw the pictures of our bathroom, eight missionaries are going to be having to use that every morning... I still am not to sure how it´s going to work..... But we shall see. During their stay, every night for two or three hours, they are going to be going out with us in our areas to work. Which will be a nice thing, having more Elders in my area for a few hours will help make up for losing time in the training. It will also be a good learning experience for my companion, as he will have to basically fend for himself in the area, being that I won´t be with him, I´ll be with one of the visiting Elders, as will he.
I´m kind of running out of time. But really, thanks for your emails, I´m doing great. Loving the mission. :)
I love and miss you all!!!!!
Matthew
PS - Scout Camp sounded fun Dad, and Mom, thanks for making me take keyboarding way back when. I wrote this whole email in a really short amount of time. Gotta go. Love you!!! Next week I´ll write a huge email.!!!!!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment