Hello to everyone!!!
I hope that everyone is doing great at home. :) I´m doing amazing here. It´s a little bit hot here, but... it´s something that I´m going to be feeling alot of these days. Especially seeing that I´m in Formosa. Yes, Ryan got his wish. I´m going to suffer through the heat of summer here. The good part is that I´m in the province capital, so it´s not as hot as it is in other places in Formosa. The supposed average temperature here during the summer is 130 or so; so, I´m going to be buying a bit of sunscreen and probably buying a lot more water than I do now. So, that´s something good on the weather side of things. What else, ah yes, I was made zone leader. To answer the questions, before they are asked, there are 14 missionaries in the zone, 8 elders, 6 hermanas. An interesting mix. What else about the area. Oh, it´s a lot different than all of my other areas in terms of the area itself. I´m in a ward for the first time in my mission (Formosa is a stake). Which I´m not gonna lie, is a nice change. But even being in a ward - it rained yesterday - I had the opportunity to still teach the gospel principles class. And even though I had to teach, it was nice to be in the gospel principles class. Why? Because in my last branch there weren´t two separate Sunday School classes. So, it made me happy that the ward has a little bit more organization and members than my last ward/branch.
More stuff, our chapel is also the stake center. It´s a huge chapel. It´s amazing. What else about my area.... My area, well part of my area is centro. It´s, let´s say a richer area than my last area. Most of the streets are paved and stuff like that. It´s nice in some aspects, and not nice in others. Doing contacts, we use door buzzers, for the first time in my mission.... wow. Strange. What else about my area.... ah!! So this week we put some things together, and we´re gonna have a radio show! There´s a radio station that is right in front of where the apartment is at, and we went and asked if we could do something. The guy said that we could have a half hour free every week!!
Other amazing thing about my area. Part of the stake is a colony of Aborigines like two hours from here. And, cause we are the zone leaders, it belongs to us! And we get to go out there this transfer for a couple things, and because it sounds like there are some people out there that want to get baptized!! I love being zone leader!! The best part is that we have to wait til it gets a little more into summer to do the actual baptisms, cause they do it in a river! And the water is too cold and too high to do it during winter. Well, I´ll keep talking about my area in part 2, we gotta go play some football.
Haha, I´ll work on finding the pictures of the strange animals and insects and stuff. I would send more pictures this week, but I really don´t have tons of time, or my cable thingie, so next week I´ll send some photos of the stuff that we did today for PDay. And by next week I´ll also have the photos of the zone conference with Elder Zivic and the Zone Leader´s Council that will start Friday. So, expect lots of fun pictures next week. And, as I already said, coming up this week we have zone conference on Wednesday, and being zone leader, we´re in charge of making sure that everything goes well and is well organized and well presentable to Elder Foster of the 70. There is also a chance that he will come to some of the apartments in the zone to see if they are clean and all that jazz.
But yeah, I love you all, I miss you all. I love where I´m at, and I´m doing my best to get more baptisms and just live up what I have left of the mission. I gotta run. :)
con mucho amor
Matthew
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment