Well hello family!!
Here I am finally writing out the letter that I had planned and was going to send earlier today, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I`m doing it now. :) So it`s all good. I`m going to start answering the questions first, and then tell you all about my week as we go along, and as it comes to mind. :)
I answered Dad already, but my ward is called the Puerto ward, and the branch that technically also belongs to our area is called Laishi. :)
It is just me and my companion, just my second apartment where there are only us two. I`m OK with it, we get along really well, so it`s fine. :)
We get to go to the colony sometime this week. We will be going with a member of the mission presidency President Camejo. He`s a really amazing guy. He and his wife are both ex-missionaries and they kind of take care of all of the missionaries out here in Formosa. :) We eat lunch with them every week.
Mom asked what sorts of things we do for PDay here. Well... today we went and bought stuff at WalMart. (The name here in Formosa is actually not WalMart, cause the city didn`t want one, so they put a different name on it; but all the stuff inside says WalMart.) We went and visited Cruz del Norte. Otherwise we just eat and relax and most Pdays we will play soccer.
The weather this week actually wasn`t too bad. It rained a little bit so it has been cool for the last few days, until today. Today is a really hot day unfortunately. I`m hoping to have a few more cold spells before we just plunge into the middle of summer. Haha, I`m not a huge fan of sweating, especially with a white shirt on. Just makes them feel and be dirty.
Phew, on to the week. One of the busiest weeks of my mission. But first, more fun facts about the area. In my apartment, we have a microwave, I may have said that last week, but it still makes me incredibly happy. We also have a blender, but the blender and I got in a fight the first time I tried to use it, which resulted in the spilling of all of what was inside onto the ground and fridge. Wasn`t real fun to clean it all up. I also learned that the Stake President lives in our area, and we have lunch with him every Sunday. He`s a great guy. His son is currently on a mission in California. He`s got lots of ambition, his goal is to convince the mission president to open up a new branch in the stake, or more than anything to send missionaries to some new places. Haha, we shall see how it goes. Another fun fact is that we don`t have to worry about our laundry; there is a family in the ward that helps us out with it. They are actually our neighbors. They do lots for us, they are even the owners of our apartment.
The week.... We spent the first part of the week getting everything ready for zone conference on Wednesday with Elder Foster. So that ate up lots of time and took away almost all of Tuesday night and Wednesday day and night taking care of that sort of stuff. The conference itself was amazing. Elder Foster taught us alot of new stuff, including a new mission plan that will be going into effect for the whole world. He also taught us some cool doctrine about who we really are, talked alot about the vision Moses had of the creations of God and stuff like that. The only hiccup was that Elder Foster has only spoken Spanish for two months, so he struggled a little bit, but still did better than I think any one expected. It was incredible. The next two days of the week were spent getting the zone excited to work and working in our own area. We were able to put some baptismal dates, which should give us some baptisms in September and a bunch in October. With all the random extra stuff we do as zone leaders it was nice to have a couple days to just work.
Oh! I almost forget, Tuesday in the morning we did our radio show. It was awesome!!! We had a half hour where they just asked us questions about the church and stuff and some people called in to ask things and talk about their experience with the Mormons. And yes, don`t worry we got permission from President before we did it. I don`t have much time left... The other thing we had this week was zone leader`s conference, where all the zone leaders meet in the mission home and talk about the new things of the mission and we get trained and give reports of the zone and stuff. And then we have an amazing dinner and ice cream. We left at 4 AM and got back at 11 at night. The other fun thing this Sunday was dealing with an emergency transfer, more time in other things haha. But I love it!!!
Gotta run!!!
I love and miss you all!!!!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment