Well, hello family!!!
Here I am, another week has gone by and I am here writing to you all again. :) This week went by really, really fast. Seriously, I wasn´t expecting it to be Pday again already. I had to stop and think exactly what we had done this week. But first, two sad notes, we weren´t able to do the radio show or the colony visit this week. They had to do some repairs in the studio, so we postponed for this coming week. There were just some problems in the transportation department to visit the colony, so we revised plans there too and are planning on going tomorrow. :) But it will all work out in the end. What other interesting things happened this week. Oh, today it has been raining pretty much all day. The only thing that we have really been able to do was play soccer with the other zone here in Formosa capital in the morning and then eat lunch and then go back to write our families. Soccer was really good. Our zone team did really well, they only scored one goal on us the entire time. We did lose a couple of rock paper scissors rounds after ties though, which wasn´t the best, but that´s ok. I was actually pleased with my soccer abilities though; I did I think better than I have ever done today. Which probably means that the next time we play soccer something big will come around to humble me though. But that´s ok, that´s expected. So, yeah that´s Pday for you all today. Nothing too exciting. We are still looking for some cool nature thing to see or do, but I guess there isn´t much of that in Formosa. We´ll see what next week brings.
What else is new. Oh, almost every day this week in the morning for exercise me and my companion have gone and played Frisbee. We are both really out of practice and had a couple of misfires into Motos and people walking, but for the most part it has been really fun. I am probably going to be with Elder Christofferson about three months, maybe 4. It depends on President. He´s a really great missionary. We get along really well. We actually think alot alike. Scary isn´t it.... He was in BYU the same year that I was.
We remembered 9/11 by singing I´m Proud to Be an American in the apartment. We also remembered our 15 month mark by buying a kilo of ice cream. No, this time we didn´t try and eat it all in one night, we spaced it out. I´m not that crazy. :)
What else happened. Not much; it was a pretty normal work week. Just putting some baptismal dates and trying to get some people ready and into the water. We have some really promising investigators; we will just have to see how it all plays out this coming week. The ward, is an interesting one, we had ward council last night, the first one for the ward in nearly three months. There is a new worldwide mission plan, and the ward actually seemed pretty exciting about it and willing to help us out. We had like 70 (members) in church this week. It was a good week.
Well, this is my last story for the week. I´ve got to be running, time goes by faster and faster every day. We spent a bunch of time in the hospital (the children´s one) giving blessings this week. The first ones were for a bunch of kids who have pneumonia, 6 of them. Then last night we got called to give a blessing to two kids from the Colony who had been transported to the hospital here in capital after their house caught fire while they were still inside sleeping. A 2 year old, and a 6 year old. The littlest one had burns all over his head and face and legs and arm. The oldest had it all over his torso and hands. It was really sad. We went with Brother Camejo, the mission counselor. The hospital just made us all sad; it's not the cleanest one ever... lets just say. But we went and did it, and felt good afterward. Afterward Brother Camejo told us to read Matthew 4:23,24. A good scripture. He's such a good guy!! He is always helping the missionaries out.
I have to be going... sorry!!!
I love and miss you all!!!!!!!!!
Matthew
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment