Monday, September 27, 2010

The weekly Letter

Well, here I am at the computer, writing yet another letter. Another week has gone by, and as I realized a little bit earlier today, another transfer has almost gone by as well. This next Wednesday is the end of yet another transfer in the mission. I only have six left. It´s really crazy. I know I say this alot, but time just starts to go faster and faster. I don´t even realize how fast it´s going. I can´t believe that I have already been here for a transfer. It feels like I just got here, like there is so much to do and stuff like that. Weird....

But anyway. This week was just another one of hard work and not much else really going on. We did our best and were able to find some good people to teach, but in terms of exciting or amazing events that went on in the week, nothing like that really happened. The only major event that is happening is this leadership training thing, again. The first day was today, so, as with last time, I don´t really have any fun things to report on for Pday. Pday for the most part was spent inside as President taught us the same lessons which he taught us a month and a half ago. We repeat these same lessons every other month to try and really pound them into our heads. The same 8 lessons. I still really enjoy learning about it, it just didn´t have the same cool newness that it had the last time we heard them all, but that´s ok. My goal is to try and take more fun and new things from it every time. It´s kind of like reading the Book of Mormon, I mean the book is only a few hundred pages long. And we always hear about the same stories and the same people and etc... But every time we read it we should be learning something new from it. As President pointed out today, how many different times has the Lord told us that we need to have faith, repent, and get baptized in the history of the world/universe, lots. But yeah, so that´s what´s going on for the training. Getting it all set up last night was kind of fun. Getting all the tables and such set up, and then this morning making sure that the sister who is cooking us lunch during the training was doing alright.

Moving on.... I´m healthy. :) Our apartment is pretty clean and the like. I wouldn´t worry too much about us getting health problems. There is actually a really good hospital here if there are major problems, the ´high complexity hospital' it's private, but its good. There is also a family here, the Camejo Family, I think that I have already told you about them, they are amazing and anytime a missionary is sick and calls them, they take care of finding the doctors and making sure that everything goes alright. They are really strict with the missionaries, but when it comes down to it they are one of the best helps we have here. I mean strict in the sense that he is in the mission presidency, and was a missionary, and knows all of the mission rules, so he knows when a missionary is breaking or keeping the rules.

To answer Mom´s question yes, it is starting to get a little hot now. The last little bit has been that it gets really hot and humid and then it kind of rains and cools down for like a day, then it gets really hot and humid again. But, it´s only going to get worse as the summer comes and comes. By the way, spring technically just started, which didn´t excite me that much seeing than it is already hotter here than I think it gets at home during the summer. But, that also could just be the humidity factor. One never knows.

This week, we were able to put a whole bunch more baptismal dates this week, 7 of them for October. We should be having baptisms the 9th of October. We would be having them this coming week, but because of General Conference we moved them. I´n actually really excited for General Conference, and for the third time in my mission I will be able to watch all 5 sessions!!! Which makes me really happy, it also means that this week is a difficult week in terms of the mission work, the training for four days, and then two days of General Conference. It takes a whole bunch of time out where we would usually be in our areas...

These last couple weeks have been a sort of lesson in perseverance for us. We have been talking to TONS of people and few have been letting us in. But at the end of a rough day, it kind of always seems like the last people we talk to let us in. It seems as though the Lord is trying our faith, see if we give up or not. And with lots of fasting and prayer, we are getting through it. :) That´s how we were able to put some more baptismal dates this week. :) Well, I don´t have much time I have to go... I´ll try and answer questions again next week. I love you!!!

I love and miss you all!!!!
con amor,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers