Well hey everyone!
Here is my weekly letter to everyone, it´s been a good week. The biggest overall development is that I´m sick of the weather changes here. They can really mess with one´s body. Not just the weather outside, but also the change from outside to inside the apartment. It will be really hot and humid outside and then inside we turn on our air conditioning and it can get really cold. Luckily I haven´t gotten sick from it yet, just felt not so good a couple of days. There are a fair amount of people that actually get sick from it. After Monday that temperature slowly built op the whole week until Friday and Saturday when it was crazy hot, and then yesterday, it just got cooler... And stayed that way through today, I´m not sure exactly what this means for the coming week, but I´ll take a cool spell any day. A lot of days its been a 100 or so with tons of humidity... Everyone just tells us that in January it´s going to be worse.
I´m going to answer some of the questions first. Transfers come up again in about 2 weeks. They are on the 29th of December, right at the end of the year. As with before I shouldn´t be leaving, I should be here one and probably two more transfers.
For Pday today we did.... soccer!!! And then went to the chapel and ate food and played ping pong and volleyball and now we are writing the families to end the day well.
No, this week we really didn´t have a chance to eat anything strange, unless our own attempts at cooking sometimes count as a part of that...
The mission work here in Formosa is going really well. The zone with few exceptions is doing really well. Improving every week a little bit more. The zone is baptizing a lot of people, which makes me, and everyone else happy. Haha, being a zone leader is awesome, but also really tiring sometimes. Our area is also doing well. We lost a bunch of investigators this week because they weren´t keeping their commitments, or just didn´t have interest, but we have a bunch of others that should be able to progress towards their baptisms. That´s the good news. I´m excited for the upcoming baptisms that we should be having.
Fun things that happened this week. On Saturday night was the end of year dinner for the ward. It was a huge dinner of chicken and salads and other such things. We were able to go if we took investigadores, and nobody, us or the investigators was going to pass up the opportunity to have a free meal. So we were able to do it.
We also did service this last week. We painted a room in the stake president´s house in exchange he gave us lots of references and told us that he would go with us to visit them. The service was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. We had to sand the room down first and then paint two coats of paint over it, and then paint the ceiling. And on top of it, it was really hot. But, it does look good. It´s funny Dad has to paint and home and I end of painting here in Argentina. I must say I paint pretty well, maybe you should wait for me to get home and we will paint the rest of the house. :)
Hmm... I can´t think of much else that happened this last week. There weren´t too many exciting things. Just a normal missionary week. That and my time is kind of short this week. I´ll make sure next week´s is longer. :)
I gotta run,
I love you all,
- Matthew
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment