Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello (4/4/11 letter)

How is everyone??

Well, things here have been going really, really well. The only hitch in the program is that I still am not going to be able to send photos this week because I forgot the camera.... again. Sad, I know. First off, Pday. We decided for a stay in the apartment PDay, so we went over to Elder Mohlman and Elder Nicholl`s apartment and played games and just talked amongst a group of us Elders. Now to end the day we are writing home and then we will be going all the way back up to the area to work for a few hours before calling it good for the night. It`s been a really busy past week. But, now, the weather report.
It rained on Friday night, again... And my area is one full of mud. My pants are getting a nice mud bath and the boots are as well. I guess I am finally getting the full value of the boots, even though mud still manages to find it`s way up the pant legs. My companion and I have found a mystery of sorts. We walk around in boots and get mud everywhere, while some of the people wander around in flips flops and don`t seem to get mud anywhere. I guess I am just more clumsy than they are... Who knows.

Events of the week. I did get a little sick this week, I think it was just something bad that I may have eaten, gave me a sort of version of the 24 hour flu. It hit me during district meeting and I got sick, so then I went back to the apartment and one of the zone leaders stayed with me as I slept for a little while, and Elder Mohlman went out with my companion because we had a few really important appointments.

We also were happily able to move into our new apartment Thursday morning. After a long wait for some of the furniture that we had bought, we finally had everything we needed to get moved in. The only thing that we are missing is an electric shower... We shower with cold water, but, I`m getting used to it so it`s fine, I don`t mind that much. The apartment is actually a house... called a vivienda. It`s pretty good sized. We put the goal to make sure that it stays clean. We shall see what happens. A funny part of the move is that I did very little of the actually moving. I went with another Elder to buy some last minute things for the apartment and two other Elders actually did all the work of moving the stuff from the zone leaders apartment to our apartment. It kind of made me laugh, when I got back to the apartment my bed was even already made. :)

So, general conference was this week. It was really amazing. I was able to watch all five sessions of general conference. I loved all of the talks. There were a lot of really good messages there. I even made some goals to improve on some of the topics that were addressed. It was a little bit more stressful of a general conference than the others that I have been to in the mission because I had more to worry about. After the Saturday morning session we had a baptism planned. (The one I sent photos home about). It was a really good baptism and it was really cool to see investigators from this area and my last one getting baptized. A really cool feeling. It was also amazing having a baptismal service together with Elder Mohlman. The only scare was that the investigator from this new area got there just in the nick of time to get into the water. It was kind of crazy, oops, my time has run out!! I gotta go!!!

I love you all!! I hope everyone is doing well, until next week,
- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers