Friday, April 29, 2011

¡¡¡Hola!!!

Hola everyone!

How is everyone doing this week? I hope really well. I´m doing great down here in Formosa. We are working really hard and are seeing alot of good results. First and most importantly, we had a baptism this last week! It was a great one, almost every companionship in the zone baptized, so there were lots of people there in white. But, first with the usual information about the week:

We are playing basketball this Pday, and maybe some volleyball, and then we will find something cheap to eat, because it´s the end of the month and no one has any money, then just going to be relaxing for the rest of the time. We don´t have very much else to be doing today. It´s actually starting to be kind of cold here in the mornings. Well, I don´t know if cold is actually the right word; to me it feels cold. It also rained heavily Saturday morning. Luckily it stopped in time for enough of the water to go away before the baptism so that we could do it.

So, this week was Holy Week down here. For a lot of people it makes lots of differences, but for us it didn´t really change our week. On Friday (Viernes Santo) the branch combined with a couple of other ones and we did a big activity. It was an all-day event. It managed to get some strange looks from the people passing by, for most of whom the day was one to not be celebrating... But we enjoyed it. They did the airplane thing; where you are all on an airplane that crashes and what you did in your life determines what happens to you in the afterlife. We managed to have a lot of investigators in the activity and they all really enjoyed it.

Our baptism on Saturday was kind of chaotic, there were lots of people there, and then there weren´t refreshments, and then it started late... but, in the end it turned out to be an amazing baptism. We baptized this kid Brian, he´s 13 and his mom is finally progressing towards baptism. She is finally starting to love the church and the teachings.

Church on Sunday was an adventure for me. Our meeting schedule is backwards, so Priesthood is first. But we got there late because we were out looking for investigators, and when we got there the leaders informed me that I was going to be giving the Sunday School lesson. Then as we were getting people into the sacrament room, they told me that I was going to be giving a 15 minute talk on the resurrection. I had to prepare it really quickly, I thought I did pretty good, but I would have liked to have had more time to prepare it. On top of it all we had a confirmation - of Brian the kid who had gotten baptized. And... I had sent Elder Walker off with another Elder to go grab some of our other investigators and bring them. They brought this guy Ramon, who said that the meeting really touched his heart. That was cool. :)

A couple of random notes to end. First, there are thousands, THOUSANDS of mosquitoes in our area, and our apartment. On Thursday night my companion and I spent about an hour or so killing them. It was fun! And lastly, we had divisions this week. I went with my district leader Elder Tagge, and our newbies went off together, and they did really well, so that made me proud! Anyway, that´s all for this week, and I have to be off!!!
I love you!!!
- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers