Hello family!
Well here I am, writing you all, on another wonderful Pday here in the mission. It is also the last PDay of this transfer, which kind of scares me a little bit, because everyone has begun telling me exactly how close I am to going home. I continue trying to forget that fact. :) So everything is ok. First off with the usual, Pday and the weather. It´s actually been pretty cold here the last couple of days, I´ve been wandering around in my sweater, it´s been kind of weird. Though, I have learned I will much rather deal with being cold, rather than being really hot. The mud hasn´t really gone away in our area for a while. For Pday, we really aren´t doing anything today, neither me or my companion were really feeling up for playing sports or something like that. So we are writing all of you and them we will go eat some lunch which will be followed by maybe some ice cream, or something to that effect. I´m not really sure what. We may go bowling... it´s been a while, I´m not sure yet. We shall see. Oh, among other good news, I am healthy this week! Nothing has really affected me at all!! The climate changes are affecting a bunch of the missionaries though, including my companion. Oh, before I forget, transfers are this week, on Wednesday. I´m not expecting anything to happen to me or Elder Walker; we are probably just going to stay here the two of us, working hard until the end. Any changes would be just entirely strange. We both only have a transfer in this area.
This last week we had divisiones with the zone leaders. My companion went with Elder Mohlman. I went with Elder Nicholls (who is going to be leaving to another area this transfer, we are going to miss him...) Elder Nicholls and I went and had one of the most amazing lessons I have ever had in my mission. The results of which were seen in the baptism that we had this weekend. We were with the Mom of the boy who got baptized last week. Just two weeks ago, she really didn´t want anything to do with the Church, and then she read and prayed and got her answer. So we had a really spiritual lesson and challenged her to get baptized on Saturday. We resolved some of her doubts. The hardest thing was that she is dating a guy who originally told her that things would be over if she got baptized. She was able to work up strength enough to talk to him and he accepted and now he will be getting taught. She asked me to baptize her. The baptism was on Saturday night, it was amazing. There were five baptisms in the zone this week. It was all really cool. I´m going to try and get some photos off here soon. I´m sure Elder Mohlman sent some, they had a baptism too.
Otherwise... the week was pretty uneventful. All of the members seem to be wanting to give us food lately. It´s really nice, but on Saturday we had three families that said that they were going to be waiting for us to eat lunch. That was some tricky juggling to try not to offend anyone, but I think we did it nicely. We are working with alot of families these day. A bunch of them are part member families that we are trying to activate and then baptize the ones who aren´t members yet. It´s working out really well for us. The members are helping us a ton. It´s nice, they seem to trust us which is always good. I can´t think of much more to tell, it´s been a pretty normal week. We are just really tired from all of the work we have done. I love it! The Church is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I love you all!! ,
- Matthew
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment