Monday, June 6, 2011

Second to last letter!

Hey family! :)

Wow, what a crazy week this last week has been. We have been working really hard, trying to get everything ready for the baptism that we are going to be having this weekend. A man named Daniel, I am really excited for him. :) Anywho. The usual boring stuff first, this PDay is going to be exactly the same as last PDay pretty much. I am going to be visiting a convert family this Monday again. I am really excited, they said that they were going to make me a cake. And well, you all know me, I love eating cake. :P If any have forgotten what we did last week, we are emailing, then going to get food, then playing games, and then going back to work!! Work work work. The weather has been pretty cold these last few days. It rained a fair amount on Friday night. Luckily it stopped raining on Saturday so all of the mud had a chance to leave before Sunday, so no one had any trouble getting to Church.

Church was good this week. I got to teach the gospel principles class. It will be my last time teaching a class like that in the mission. It was also my last time taking the sacrament in Argentina. Next Sunday is stake conference here. It is going to be a satellite broadcast by a member of the first presidency. I`m really excited to take some of the converts and investigators to see it. :) It will be a really nice way to end my Sundays here in the mission. On top of it all the stake president invited me over for lunch on Sunday. That is going to be really nice.

Last Monday night I was able to go visit the Salto family. It was nice. They made pizza for us. They are such an awesome family. Then afterwards we were able to go to a family home evening where the family had invited one of their friends over to watch the Joseph Smith video with us. The man´s name is Mario, and now he has a baptismal date and should be getting baptized the first weekend of July. I`m really excited for him. He`s 27 years old. Otherwise, it was a pretty normal week for us here working, just working hard. I know my emails are pretty short these last couple of weeks, I just don`t know what to say. It`s hard writing things when I am that close to be going home. Just know I love you all. It`s really strange to be at the end of the mission. I really don`t know what to think or do. Haha, I`m even having trouble sleeping at night. I never thought I would be nervous to go back to my house, but that´s how it is.
I love you all,
- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers