Thursday, July 16, 2009

...Catching Up~Week 4 "The Halfway Point of Doom"

Boy do I have a long list of things to talk about in this email. Hopefully I'll be able to get them all out. I'm pretty confident in my abilities though. Always the confident one... I think. 
So I'm rapidly learning that I can't think in English or Spanish anymore. Next week, we kill English, and in class only speak spanish. We'll see how that goes. My companion and I have begun teaching lessons in Spanish, they go pretty well, its just hard sometimes when a word is forgotten. We have scheduled lots of practice teaching appointments to help us out, and had a teacher invite us to have him be our progressive investigator, just like the real thing. So that's exciting. Otherwise it's the same here, more spanish, more gospel lessons. It's so much to take in and to learn, its amazing, yet really really hard at the same time. 
For the fourth of July, we got to watch a play on the restoration put on by some of the senior missionaries, then go outside and watch the fireworks from stadium of fire. It was way cool, we all went crazy, its about the only time missionaries are allowed to be crazy, except for gym. I got some sweet pictures. I hope to be sending some pictures here soon, and perhaps even the first memory card of the mission. Exciting isn't it? 
News from our zone/district. We have a new district leader - Elder Payne, one of the other two in my room, he'll do a great job. We get our second district tomorrow, so we'll be the second oldest of four districts in our zone. That's always fun. We did just lose an amazing group of elders however. I was really sad to see them go. They'll do an amazing job in the field. My favorite among them was Elder Workman, he liked me because I had a 'brotha in the family'. He'll do such a good job on his mission. 
In gym, I'm back to four-square again I think, I just can't find anything to replace it, though I do play volleyball every now and then. Both are fun, as is gym in general. 
I also do write in my journal everyday. I wouldn't want to forget anything that happened really. I'm still getting along with my companion, we have our differences, but we teach well together, and that is really what is important about a companionship. He's a pretty staunch conservative - that seems to accurately sum up some of our views on things in life. And on top of it, he is a Suns fan. Ew.
We got another new district this week. They all looked so scared, but that's how I looked when I came in I guess. We are now the second oldest of four districts, and the only one with sisters in it. Our oldest district leaves in just under two weeks, which will be incredibly sad, we've become pretty good friends. Then we'll be the oldest district. That's a strange thought, two and a half weeks, and we'll probably be getting our official flight plans and such. Then I'll really get excited, and more nervous. 
The language is still coming along, it doesn't seem like its coming as fast because at the moment we're just having to learn lots of vocab. I'm getting better and better at the English fasts and such. just have to keep practicing using the language for it to come. I don't want to get to Argentina and be completely clueless... Haha. The MTC is still fun and I'm learning alot, but having the same schedule every week, and sitting in class for that long everyday is getting hard. But the days still go by fast. Then, the real work begins.
We've talked to a couple teachers in here that have been to Argentina cause there's a form of talking called 'vos' (not vosotros) that we learn so we can understand it. I've heard it will be incredibly hot, your clothes will all fail, and that it floods alot in places like where we are. Floods sound fun to me. :) Elder Fleming's brother served in Rosario, so he's getting us a list of slang and such. We know another guy whose sister is in Resistencia, and she's supposed to be emailing us some things about it. Rumour has it the mission president is rather unsympathetic, especially towards sisters, telling them to suck it up, he turned out fine growing up there. Hahaha.
Con mucho amor, and I miss you all. 
Elder Matthew Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers