Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello all, another week has successfully come and gone here at the MTC

Over the last few days, we've had a Fireside from Brother Allen, the managing director of the missionary department. And he was talking to us about being really willing to give everything we have to the mission. That's a point that seems to get drilled home here alot in the MTC, to be fully immersed in the work of the Lord. Class has been pretty normal, though as we get closer to finishing our MTC curriculum here we study more and more straight Spanish to try and get us ready for the field. We teach multiple times a day in Spanish. I haven't had to speak in sacrament meeting yet. They generally pick those who absolutely don't want to speak Spanish. I guess I don't really fit into that category. I'm pretty comforable speaking in Spanish. I am even having parts of every day where when I speak or listen, I'm not having to translate it into or out of English in my head, I just can think a bit in Spanish, and that ability improves every day. It's amazing what the help of the Lord can bring. This past few days I've been really focusing on listening to and honing in on the spirit, and what it's trying to tell me. It's brought me much closer to the gospel and to the Spirit in general. 
 We had Elder Dellenbach from the Emeritus 70 come speak to us on Tuesday, rumors were flying that it was gonna be an apostle, but, they were short lived. He was a good speaker, encouraging us to always remember how great the miracle of translating the Book of Mormon actuallly was, and is. Yesterday, was just a day of normal class. With our two progressive, fake investigators at the TEC, both pulled the card that their parents don't want them to be baptized. It's been interesting trying to figure out how to deal with that. Another challenge to occupy my time here. :) challenges are always fun. And I wasn't being sarcastic about that one. :) Haha. In other news, one of the elders from the district that was supposed to leave last week went in for surgery today. He's been companions with our roommates Elders Payne and Bailey (our zone leaders). Hopefully he'll do alright. Elder Kennard is his name, remember him in your prayers if you would. That pretty much sums up what the last couple of days have been like. I'm doing a lot better than I was on Tuesday. Having two nights straight of salsa and chips and queso, will help with that. Last night we had a party in honor of Elder Kennard among our four roomates and him, we downed 26 servings of Salsa and queso. I've decided I have no room to complain about getting fat for the next little bit. Speaking of which, I haven't gained that much, just like 6 or 7 pounds. I'm gonna start running a bit more for our last little bit here. I'll just stop playing Volleyball early and go run. Try and get a little more back into shape. I also need to stretch more. 
As I said before, our whole district is getting along alot better than we used to, even the sisters. There are a couple Elders who are really struggling with picking up the Spanish, but I'm doing my best to help Elder Payne out, he asked for some help, and I offered. So, with my limited knowledge, I'm going to do my best. So, my district has 11 people: Elders Wannop, Henrie, and Rozier, are in a trio and all going to the Neoquen Argentina mission. Me, Elder Fleming, Payne and Bailey are all goign to Resistencia. And the four sisters are going to four other missions in Argentina. It's kind of cool. Oh, mom, you asked what happens if we get delayed here for a couple weeks, we could work in the Proselyting Center as full timers, or just work on Spanish.. or honestly, we don't know. Hopefully it won't come to that. Speaking of the RC - had an inetersting experience on Sunday. I got to talk to a couple of different people who ended up wanting to talk to the missionaries, or receive a Book of Mormon. But then a lady called in, and told me she didn't feel anything anymore. And that she was contemplating suicide. Well, seeing as I'm not a trained professional; had to go get the suicide hotline number. That was definitely an interesting experience there. Hopefully today's time in the RC will prove to be productive, and better than that. 
I'm out of time. Like literally thirty seconds left. I love you all.
- con mucho amor,
Elder Schneider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers