Dear Family, and all of my friends :)
The last few days have been quite the adventure. Not as cool of an adventure as I will be experiencing a few days from now, but an adventure none the less. We had fingerprinting on Friday, to finish up all of our Visa paperwork. So that was exciting, all that is left is to meet with the Consul, who in theory, as far as we have heard is still planning on coming tomorrow morning. Please keep that in your prayers. We are all dying to get out of the MTC and into the world of meeting and trying to talk to people in a foreign language. Spanish is still going really well. At the moment I'm fighting with actually using the Subjunctive tense in my speech. I can force myself to write it, but not use it in everyday conversation. For those who don't know what that means, sorry. Lisa should get it. At least I think so. I don't remember when I learned Subjunctive in my years of High School and junior high Spanish.
Entonces... Thursday was our last visit into the Referral Center and to make calls. Over the last week or so I have had the opportunity to send the missionaries to 4 houses, and had a couple of good chats, in the middle of getting yelled at by a couple of ornery old ladies and other such misinformed people. There was one guy on chat who was very persistent in his attempts at getting me to not believe my own religion. But... he failed miserably. sometimes, people just aren't ready to receive the gospel. Or to hear our message. On Friday, it was a pretty much normal day of class. So... we had to make it exciting. So we planned a goal for our zone at dinner. Many of you are familiar with the giant hoppers of cereal at both the Cannon Center and the MTC, and other cafeterias. We decided that our zone was going to eat through four of them completely. It was quite the gallant effort (pictures are on the way) and... a combined total of 238 bowls of cereal later we had eaten through, Marshmellow maties, tootie frooties, frosted flakes, and LIFE. Averaged about six bowls a person, I myself put away seven. It was a real bonding experience for our zone. :)
Saturday was our last service here at the MTC. And following the tradition begun by the district just older than us. The outgoing Elders stand and give their testimonies over the pulpit in Spanish, to the rest of the zone. It was a really cool experience. Almost made us late for lights out... but it was well worth the experience.
Sunday, ah my last sunday here at the MTC. Elder Fleming and I were the two who got called to speak. I guess the spirit does really work, cause we were the two least prepared ones. ;) It still went really well though. I was glad to have that opportunity. We also had our departure interview with the Branch President. The fireside Sunday night was from Richard Heaton, he works here I guess. But he spoke on the importance of having charity to all you meet, even those who are really rude to you.
Monday... nothing major happened on Monday, except.. it was my last gym period. :(. And then today, in the temple, I did sealings for about an hour. It was a way neat experience. I loved it. Sad that I won't see the temple for almost two years though.
That about sums up the days leading up to me leaving. As for my travel, remember about 1 on Thursday. I bought the calling card and everything. As for getting to Resistencia: it could be a bus, but there is also a chance that they could find a cheap in country flight to get us to to Resistencia - that thought almost scares me more. But, that's all up to the representatives in country. We'll see what happens. I'm just excited to leave. Oh man!!!! I'm gonna love it there, I love this gospel, and am ready to try and bring people to Christ. Thanks to all who still keep in touch with me.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Schneider - Matthew :)
No comments:
Post a Comment