Well, first things first. Our new preparation day, for time and all my mission, will be on Mondays. Based on the suggestion from Elder Zivic, President del Castillo moved it to Monday. Using the logic, that when P-Day is on Wednesday, the Elders don´t work very hard on Monday or Tuesday, as they just look forward to Pday. Also, to eliminate, P-day eve, where Elders would order food and other such things the night before P-Day. We solved that problem, by just buying the food on Saturday night. :)
The weather... oh, no 90 degrees... sorry but that´s just not that hot. We´ve been chilling at like 95 this whole week, and its the end of winter. That´s sad. It hasn´t rained in a while, but supposedly it will tonight. I´ve been a little bit sunburned, but since it´s winter here, it´s giving my skin a chance to ease into it, so that I don´t have to worry about the whole sunscreen thing.
We eat... anything and everything. We have lunch appointments alot of the time, and that´s alot of rice and pasta, with some meet. More bread than I ever thought I would eat. For breakfast it´s usually just a mandarine, Trix (yes, I splurged to buy good cereal), some milk, and occasionally one of us will make pancakes or eggs or something. Then we have lunch appointments, or back to the pension for milanesa, or chicken, or burgers. We don´t take a dinner break, so at like 9 or so we usually make more food, spagetti has become one of my best friends. Water during the day, we don´t take water with us, so it´s just a matter of getting your body used to drinking tons during the times you're at the pension. One more thing about the food, I´m struggling getting used to liking carbonation. Ew. I may have said that last week, but it still holds true this week. And, I get some cookies every week. If you have more specific questions on the food, feel free to ask. We usually buy some everyday, cause fruit and bread go bad pretty quickly here.
To answer one of Mom´s questions, my companion is from Forks Washinton. Yes, a place where a very popular book series is based.
The apartment is three levels. None are that big, but the bottom is kitchenette, bathroom, and workout and fridge room, second level is two office type rooms and a bathroom, and we all sleep up in a loft in two bunk beds. I´ll send a short video tour of the pension I think next week. We clean it ourselves, kind of. We sweep occasionally, but the dirt gets enough places that its hopeless. The loft is always clean, sleep is very important. The kitchen... hmm... Mom I´m glad you´re never going to see it. The other day I cleaned the dish drainer... there was funny black stuff in it. We´re constantly fighting mold with different aerosol products and rags. It´s a battle we ultimately lose. It grows faster than we kill it. It does make it so there are no bugs though. :) Lol, it´s really not as bad as it sounds, we have a pretty nice clean pension all things considered. I get to hand wash my garments later today! Yes!!!!
P-Day last week we went to a shopping center down town, I got my first soccer jersey, I think I´ll get one every area, they´re cheap, well some of them. I got an Argentine one. Then went to the Costinera, the river area that seperates us from Paraguay. Looked at the bridge and stuff. Today, we´re playing soccer again!! I´m pretty excited. Next week is our trip to Jardin America.
The zone leaders are Elder Bohne and Elder Mormazabul. Elder M. is from Chile, Santiago. Everyone in my apartment has been out well more than a year. I feel so new sometimes. But they are all really cool. It´s fun, we all get along well.
The branch... is good sized, getting stronger. The branch president is a carpenter, who lives in fairly humble circumstances, but is a really cool guy. I don´t know him that well yet though.
I think that was all the questions, a little bit of my week, and then I have to be off. President dropped cane, (got mad, stricter) on missionaries emailing for more than an hour.
But, the week has been fairly normal. We got some amazing news on Sunday, the dad of the family we baptized last weekend, Carlos, is going to get baptized on the 19th, as soon as we finish teaching him. Honestly, I can say that is my first miracle on my mission. When I first met him two weeks ago, he wanted absolutely nothing to do with the Church, wasn´t even going to come to his children´s baptism. Then... something hit him. Our other investigators are all pretty new, we have follow ups with them this week. We did have a guy, Freddy Casas, who we taught Saturday, decide to come to church yesterday. He seemed to really like it. :) Then we have the evangelical old ladies... who had another dream that Elder Rohde and I were true messengers from God. They said they know the Book of Mormon is true, but just need to pray a bit more before committing to baptism. Next week when they come to church... is going to be quite the experience for the women in Relief Society...
Sadly, we have to drop some investigators the last few days. The Rivero family, and others. They refused to keep the Word of Wisdom, or come to church. But, we have a bunch more references and people to go talk to. The work of the Lord rolls on.
Yesterday, was Elder Rohde´s birthday, so we made an Asada and cake last night, to go along with the cake earlier in the day at a member´s house. Haha. Yesterday afternoon was rough, we walked the whole time, just clapping houses. Had a couple people get really mad. Oh well, :) Oh! on Saturday I had my first experience with a drunk guy, that was fun. Haha. But, yeah, all is well. :) I have to run, I´ll be sending another email with the pictures.
con mucho amor, I love you all,
Elder Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment