Hola to everyone,
Well, as can be seen in the title, I´m currently not in Posadas, I´m emailing you from Obera, a city farther up Missiones. We came up to go to some waterfalls, and to go to this big festival, and to also go bowling most probably. I´m pretty happy, it´s fun. We got on a bus at 5 this morning.
This week has been interesting, both good and bad things have happened in terms of our investigators. Our Evangelical Bible study group; Maria, Teresa, and Teresa say they know that the Book of Mormon is true, now we just have to get them to come to Church. They were gonna come yesterday si o si, but they didn´t, so we will see what is up with them. Then we have the Dad of the three kids we baptized two weeks ago. His date is the nineteenth of this month. His family and friends still can´t believe he has changed, its awesome. We get to go to his house later tonight, to eat and teach.
Otherwise, we have a few other investigators that we are teaching off and on, but nothing major is happening. This week we have taught a bunch of people who are very firm in their religion, Catholics, Adventists, Evangelicals. Three in a row, we shall see how they turn out, they at least accepted the message as possible, and we have follow up appointments with them.
My Spanish is still coming, I understand more and more as the days go by, its nice. I haven´t had to teach or anything in Church yet. Our branch is on fire, in August they had 7 baptisms. And starting last month, average attendance of around 85 every week. In Elder´s quorum there are about 20 really active Elders and High Priests. This branch is ready for an expansion, and change to a ward. We have 6 more (baptisms) scheduled for this month in our branch. It helps that there are I think 5 ex-missionaries who are in our branch, the branch president being one of them. And our ward mission leader - who is fluent in English, that helps too, especially for me when I don´t understand anything. The ward has grown enough in the last months that we have a full young men and young womens presidency. And that is my Branch.
No real major events this week around here, just teaching and me working on trying to start converstaions and contacts with people on my own. It´s fun, yet really challenging.
Mom, you asked about food prices - cheap. Like... a buck fifty for hamburger patties (4), eggs, less than a dollar will get you a dozen. Soda is dirt cheap, they have all the American sodas here along with local brands. Yes... tons of Coca Cola. It´s gross, but, I can deal with it. :)
Dad- I´m having a hard time believing BYU won... wow, its way cool though.
My latest sports thing is that Argentina lost to Brazil, and people are not happy. What are the soccer standings down here anyway?
Well, I had best be off, I love it here, and I love you all.
con much amor,
Elder Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment