Hello everyone, another week has gone by, really, really fast actually. Weird.
But anyway, the last week has been a busy one. Last Monday we finished out the day eating at an all you can eat buffet and bowling in the basement of a Casino. Go figure. Then a bus ride back down to Posadas and continuing the teaching and such. We had a lesson with Carlos again, the Dad of the family we baptized my first week here. He has really changed alot, I know I say that alot, but wow. We´re working on getting him to quit smoking, it´s a slow process, but he´s working on it. Whatever the Lord has in store for that family must be big, because they have been struggling with stuff this week. Things just got really rough for them. We may have to postpone the baptism a week, but it will happen.
The rest of the week has just been trying to find a bunch of new people. Oh! Our evangelical ladies! Well, we found out that one of them is pretty much a pastor with her own chapel. But we got them to come to church yesterday, and they loved it! The conversion has happened. She plans on giving it up and telling all of her friends in the church about our church. I can always hope that we will get some references out of it. :) The three of them now have a date for the 10th of October. I´m excited.
Otherwise this week we have talked to some strange people. I contacted my first Jehovah´s Witness. That was an interesting experience. We ended it before the arguing could really commence. Then last Tuesday we were clapping some houses and a guy answered the door and started asking us questions. Said he had heard that we come as missionaries to avoid military service and such. So we answered his questions. Then he said he wanted to invite us back next week to talk more about our religion. Then as we were leaving he said, ¨I´m not going to lie, I´m a Catholic Priest, but I want to talk nevertheless.¨ So... we have a return appointment tomorrow. That´ll be fun. We had yet another crazy appointment on Friday with a man we had taught and given a Book of Mormon. We showed up and he told us he had found contradictions against the Bible. So, we explained them all, and demonstrated how he was misinterpreting passages of the Book of Mormon. He, and his friend this time, proceeded to tell us how wrong we were, and that we were going to hell. It was really exciting. It only took me a month in Argentina to get someone to tell me I am going to hell. I´ll have to ask around and see if that is quick or not, probably no.
But anyway, in the midst of all of that we have had some nice discussions with people, and some people we need to follow up with again. :) Thus is the work. The last couple of days, Saturday and Sunday, we pretty much ran around. We taught seventeen lessons both days, so we could pull sixty for the week. I was so tired last night. But, happy at the same time.
But anyway, on to the week. Oh, and today is just going to be a relaxing day, we're going to buy stuff after this... and then probably sleep or play monopoly at the pension. I look forward to it, alot. The weather has been surprisingly cooler than normal, and lots and lots more rain. Not fun, but.. nothing we can do about it. As for when my companion leaves, he leaves like Thursday morning at 2 AM, my new companion will be coming Wednesday afternoon sometime.
The Spanish Bible, we should be ordering it sometime this week. The Spanish is also coming along a whole lot faster than it had been. I can converse with people decently well, and can follow almost every conversation now. There are people who speak way too fast for me, so that takes some work, but all is well. As for the food, nope, nothing really strange yet. Just different. I eat lots and lots of bread though. Haha.
Love you all,
Elder Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment