This week has been just a pretty normal week. Sounds like it was that way at home, too. Interesting how the two corresponded together. But yeah. Last P-Day was just a really easy going day. We taught Carlos' family that night, and had a meeting with our Ward mission leader, Guillermo. Carlos was really our focus this week. And, with a little divine help, all went extremely well. Carlos was able to stop smoking, and get baptized. That baptism went over without any problems. We had to do it at the Stake Center though. Our chapel is without power, so the baptismal water from like 3 weeks ago is still just sitting in the font, because they have to pump the water out, gravity doesn´t do the trick real well. But it was awesome!! The baptism was on Saturday... more on Saturday to come, but first the rest of the week.
Tuesday and Wednesday were nothing really all that special. We just went and spent alot, ALOT of the days clapping houses and looking for new investigators. Also, working on this thing call Put a Date. It´s this mission program to try and get the members to pick one of their friends to go to the members house to have us, the missionaries, teach them. It´s gone pretty well with most people, but there are also some really stubborn members.
Thursday was an intersting day. Thursday is our day for weekly planning. Which is something really normal, until your companion realizes that.. three of the days we are planning for, he will be at his house. It can make a guy really trunky. But, we still work, which is the good part about this whole thing. But yeah, Thursday we had our teaching of the Evangelical ladies. One is having a hard time giving up her church.. The third of the group is still staying really strong. So that is good. Thursday was also the day we found out that one of our investigators, Carmen, kicked out her boyfriend, and can now get baptized this Saturday!!! We also visited an investigator, Sergio, whose mom just died. And while really sad... was expected, and now means he can start coming to church. :) Which is definitely a good thing. Friday, was a normal day, we had divisions again, and the baptismal interview for Carlos. Saturday, as you know was the baptism, and... Saturday night. Wow. The family invited us to have a party and an asado at their house. It was so much fun. We played ping pong and ate and ate alot of food. Pictures to follow.
Sunday, was Stake Conference. Quite the experience. They didn´t have enough room, so the missionaries just went into another room and talked amongst ourselves for a while. Elder Mohlman and I were able to chat for a while. So that was nice.
But yeah, that was my week. On to questions:
Today, we are just planning on going somewhere to eat alot, and to play alot of soccer. Like nonstop three hours of soccer, I´m really excited.
Companion: I get my new companion this Wednesday, and will find out who it is on Tuesday night. The nice thing is knowing that there is no way I will be transferred. Elder Rohde, is really excited to go home, though he says at times it doesn´t feel at all like he is actually going. As he pointed out, two years goes by fast... but it´s still two years. He plans on just working til January, then starting school.
I´m still perfectly healthy. That´s all to report in that department. As of yet, the water hasn´t even bugged me a little bit. The weather the last week, has been all rain, and more to come this week. Unusual for this time of year I am told.
The branch, is on fire. We have like 11 people with baptismal dates. Not too much of it is my doing, but, I am blessed to be where I´m at right now. And to be here while things are going really well. Our goal coming up, is to start working more with the members. And with my new companion, we´re going to do some record cleaning and find the inactive people. We´ll see how that goes.
Well, that´s really all. This week was good, just uneventful except for Saturday, which was amazing! But yeah. I love you all, thank you for praying and thinking of me. Your emails mean alot, yes I´m talking to you siblings. :)
My clothes are holding up really nicely. My garments... hmm not as well. I´m not so good at this hand washing stuff. Suggestions? Haha. But yeah, just know that I love it here. I must be off. I could use some easy recipe ideas as well. Something that has eggs, noodles, and hamburgers, and various sauces. Haha.
I love and miss you all,
Elder Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment