Another week has come and gone for me here in the mission field. The week was actually a pretty good one. We got alot accomplished. I was also incredibly tired at the end of it, which is becoming more of a habit now than I thought it was before hand. All who have been missionaries will understand the feeling that eight hours of sleep seems to get shorter and shorter as every day goes by. Random thought, isn´t it strange that a fourth of my mission has already gone by? Yet, I feel like I just got here. Wow... hahaha. Anyway.
Like I said last PDAY, we just watched some videos and relaxed in the chapel. This Pday I think we might go and play Paddle, it´s a type of tennis sort of thing. I think, I guess I may find out later today. After Pday, we just went around clapping some houses for a while. It wasn´t too terrible. Tuesday, was about the same. We also went to a branch council meeting that night, and talked about how everyone needs to be united or we are never going to get the branch back to the way that it needs to be. Fun stuff. Also worked on planning the baptism for this week, it´ll be this Friday. Speaking of the baptism, boy am I gonna have some fun pictures to send home next week. The baptismal font is a plastic pool that we have to set up and fill by hand, out in the grass of the church. And, you will all be able to see what our house, I mean chapel, looks like. The branch is really excited for these two baptisms. They will be only the 3rd and 4th this year for this branch. It´ll be fun!!!
On to more of the week. Wednesday we did divisions, I spent the day with Elder Nelson. This is his first transfer in the mission. It was nice. The fun thing was that we talked more English than I am used to hearing since about 13 weeks. It was kind of nice to study in English, because it is far easier to express ideas and thoughts that we have. But, a fairly normal day of proselyting otherwise.
Thursday was a really busy day. We spent the day trying to find a number of the references from members that we had gotten. Then it was the Bible study class, talking about what the Bible really is. And then, systematically proving that Christ is Jehovah, and that the Godhead is 3 and not 1. It was a fun time, a little bit strange though. It started raining Thursday night again. The rain carries us over into Friday, and Saturday. The two days were really similar. Some amazing lessons with people, where they told us they knew that what we were teaching was true, and then some incredibly crazy lessons. I have been given a number of evangelical reading materials to go through this week. Exciting isn´t it?
Sunday was a pretty average day. We did get to have 33 in the chapel. So at least we are managing to keep the branch steady. The high point was that one of the old branch presidents here in Belgrano during its peak time, finally came back to Church after a long absence. Then we spent some more time doing some of the business of the branch, yay!!! We did have an intersting chat with a Jehovah´s Witness, and he ended up convinced. He plans on getting baptized in January! YAY SUCCESS!!!
I figure I should answer some of the questions now I guess... The Bible study class is held in the chapel. My companion is more or less recovered completely now, so that obstacle is out of the way. Phone call – Like I said, I will be calling between 7:30 and 8 your time, and I´ll have like two hours, I think. We have two baptisms this week, and should have between 3 and 4 in January. We´re finally starting to find some people that are ready to hear the message. It´s rough but the work is starting to move. Haha. I´m still happy, and people express that they don´t want to talk to us in a nubmer of ways. Some shut doors. Others wave their fingers at us, lots of different ways. Haha.
Oh, and what we are doing on Christmas... I don´t really know... I´ll let you know next week, we´re gonna work it out this week.
Well, I must be going now, I´m gonna go buy some calling cards. : )
Much love,
Matthew
Monday, December 14, 2009
Hello, as always to everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment