Well, well, well, hmm, I think that I start alot of my emails with something fairly similar to that phrase, but what can I say. This week was one of the most tiring weeks that I have experienced in my life. We destroyed the area this week. We talked to EVERYONE. Seriously, everyone that we saw, we talked to. It was insane. But really cool. There were a couple of days we didn´t know if we were going to make it back to the apartment alive. But, as can be seen by the fact that I am writing this email, we did. :) The only problem with this week was we ran into a very large group of people who weren´t all that excited to talk to us. But, that is alright. There will be weeks and times in life when the success won´t always come rapidly. But, the promise is that it will always come, right? Haha.
Our story of success this week was the fact that we had thirty people in the chapel. Slowly the number of people is starting to climb, which is a definite good thing in my book. We even had two classes of Gospel Prinicples and such. We still only had 6 people in Elders Quorum and two were the missionaires... but that´s alright, progress is progress. We also had three investigators in church. The owner of the chapel will have a baptismal date this week. The other fun things that have happened in the chapel are that I have become a general secretary of everything that needs doing. The other is that I was messing around with some of the melodies for hymns on the electric piano for fun, and.... President wants me to try and practice a few and play in Church, because none of the 30 people know how to play the piano. We shall see how that goes... and mom, you can stop laughing now.
This coming week will be the first of our weekly Bible study classes, and the week following will start English classes. Taught by myself and my companion. The Bible study class will have a guest teacher occasionally, a Sister who used to be a Jehovah´s Witness, and whenever we pass her house questions us on things in the Bible... But it´ll be fun. We´re trying to get everyone in the world to go to these classes. What is also nice is that the reason we have time to do these classes now is because the members have started to help us out alot. We have started to receive references from them, which means it is less time we have to spend out in the street clapping houses, and more time teaching, and more time for the Branch. Granted, with only 30 people going to the Church, the pool of references might not last long, but we can always visit the less active people, and ask them for references. The gist of the whole story is that... we are working really, really hard. And having to balance it all with going to the chapel of the district to do branch business. Yay! I´m actually pretty excited to start doing these two classes. Something different, that we hope can help us find people.
Oh, one other thing, I don´t know if I already told you all, we are on the summer schedule now. We get up at seven (wahoo!) and leave to work at nine thirty. Then at 12:30 we stop to have lunch and do studies in the afternoon. We´re out in the street until 10 and go to sleep at 11. It´s a nice schedule, just really different. It´s part of the reason we´re doing the classes as well. Clapping houses at 9:45 at night isn´t very efficient... Haha.
Questions: We haven´t had to deal with any leeches yet, though alot of people tell us that they are out there.. We have started to see large groups of birds.. the problem is I don´t exactly know what a swallow looks like. My companion is doing fine, he still hurts, but he says he is fine to keep going. So, we do. But he seems to be recovering fairly quickly. It has only rained once this week. But it is threatening to do so again a little bit later today. On the agenda for Pday today is to make pizza and watch Saints and Soliders (we got permission :)). We were going to go to Reconquista,... but learned there isn´t a bridge there, you go by boat, and that´s against a number of rules. I´m doing fine and healthy, I did experience my first migraine of the mission yesterday afternoon, wasn´t all that fun, but hey, it´s gone now. :)
Well, I have to be going again, sadly. Though, the weeks do seem to be going faster and faster. Which is nice,
Until next time, with love
Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment