Hello to everyone!!
So, this week´s letter is going to end up being pretty short for a couple of reasons. The first being that we talked yesterday for a while, and the second being that we don´t have a lot of time. We have to catch our bus to get back to Posadas in time. It has been one crazy PDay.
We got up at 5 am to get on the bus at 6 to go to Obera. We got to Obera and got some breakfast and other fun stuff. Then we went, and sadly the serpent park was closed. The fun thing that was open was an exotic bird park. It was alright. There were some really cool birds. I haven´t ever seen a Toucan that close before. They are really sweet looking birds. i don´t have time today, but next week I will send photos of all of the fun stuff that I took a picture of. ;) After that we went and played basketball and football with the other zone that´s here in Obera. It was really fun, only I´m absolutely exhausted right now. And right now we are sending out our quick emails before heading off to eat lunch, and play a little bit of bowling. Then it will be off to home. Wow, a crazy day. Then a little bit later tonight we have our district meeting, and then, I will be able to sleep for a little bit. ;) Which will be really nice.
I really don´t have a whole lot more to say. It´s strange after having just recently talked. Hmm. Oh! Zone conference, which was last Friday. We talked a lot about how to get people interested in going to church. I learned alot from it.
Speaking of the work... On Wednesday we were walking down the street and we saw a man walking towards us. So, we decided to contact him. We started talking to him and he told us he wanted to get baptized to have his name written in the book of life. We thought he must have been drunk or something, or crazy, but a couple of days later we went to his house anyway. When we went to his house he accepted everything. And to make things even better he went to church yesterday. So, he is going to be getting baptized before the end of the month. It´s one of those stories that just shows some of the blessings that the Lord has in store for us, if we just keep at things, working a little bit at a time. It also gave me more of a testimony that the Lord is preparing people for the missionaries to teach, and puts them in our paths.
I think that´s really the only other interesting story I haven´t shared up to now... The rest of the week was just pretty normal. We should be moving out of this apartment in a week or so. (Our new apartment has no bathroom. It is a small building in the backyard.) So that should be the end of that little nuisance.
But yeah, almost halfway. I love what I´m doing, and still don´t regret it at all. I´m growing more to love the people. I realized the other day after my companion made a comment about one of the houses where we were, I don´t really differentiate as much any more between the ´rich´and ´poor´houses. Basically, I´m always trying to do better. I love and miss everyone back home, but I´ll see everyone in just over a year. ;) ;) Next week´s letter will be a little longer! Gotta go!
con mucho amor,
Matthew
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment