Monday, May 24, 2010

My weekly letter

Hello hello hello;

I thought that I would start off by sending some of the photos of our new apartment, and the security features that it offers. Yes, they are wood bars that we put in before we go to bed at night. It´s kind of fun. Haha. :) The last picture is of our desks, yeah, they are a little bit messy, but what can I say, we just got through with the moving process. So, I guess that answers one of the questions for this week. Yes, we got all moved. It was a long process,. Tuesday and Wednesday we were busy continuing the construction process on the house. Then Thursday we got everything moved in. Friday and Saturday were spent organizing everything. We had a lot of extra junk that we found in the other apartment that we had to find space for, or throw out. So, yes we are happily, (kind of), moved in to our new apartment. It only has a few downsides to it. The first and foremost being that the bathroom is in another building, and when it is raining, like today, it´s not that fun to go out to the bathroom. The second bad thing about the bathroom is that it doesn´t have hot water. I´m getting used to showering with cold water. The third and ultimate bad thing about the bathroom is that the owner has a dog that is always wandering around. A dog that recently had puppies, so it´s really not all that friendly to us. I guess it thinks that we are going to go and eat her puppies. It´s kind of strange, but oh well, we manage to get along just fine.

The moving was the big story of this week. The other big story is that this weekend we have a baptism!!! The first baptism for my newbie!! I´m pretty excited about it. And so is Arturo, the man who is going to get baptized. He has given up smoking and a good deal of other things to be able to do it. He keeps talking about how much he wants to get baptized and how much he doesn´t want to ever miss a day at church. He´s going to make a great member. So, next week I will have pictures of a baptism to send home!!! He picked President Lopez to baptize him. This week we were also able to find a couple of big families that are excited to go to church, and we are hopeful that they are going to get baptized in June. We had another little miracle happen last night. We were walking to an appointment and another man stopped us and told us that he wants us to come teach him, that he wants to come visit our church one day. So, we are really excited. But as we were thinking about it later, we couldn´t decide if we were being blessed with people to teach, or if we are such bad missionaries that the Lord has to have the people stop US in the street. Hahaha. We are going to say that it is because we are being really blessed.

A fun appointment that we had this week was with an Adventist family. The father of the family sat us down and told us that if we could prove to him with the Bible that the Sabbath is Sunday, and not Saturday that he would get baptized. He then proceeded to rattle off a bunch of scriptures that talk about the seventh day being the sabbath day. He just didn´t understand that the missionaries aren´t there to fight with him. So he got really cocky and was all happy that he thought he destroyed us. He didn´t like it when we didn´t take out a bunch of scriptures and just invited him to read and pray. It wasn´t acceptable to him. It was kind of sad, but there wasn´t much that we could do about it.

Hmm. I think that is pretty much it for this week. The interviews with President went really well. Nothing too exciting about them. And to answer your question mom, I am fairly positive that I am not going to get transferred, but one never knows. Today, after moving we are just going to spend a calm Pday. We might go play some soccer, or play Uno or something like that, I´m not really sure. We still have some organizing to do.

Haha sorry about all the snow that you are having, being that it is the end of May and everything. I bet everyone is excited that school is getting ready to be over. I know I would be. Haha, but I´ve already ended my schooling!!!.... for now. Haha. Shoot, I gotta run.
I love you all!!!!
- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers