Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!!! :)

My first email of the new year! That´s exciting. But, other than the fact that I can say that it is the first email of the new year, not much is different than from any other normal week. Whew. It was a long week. Maybe just cause for a bunch of days I wasn´t able to get as much sleep as I should have. Haha, but that´s ok. I live, and continue to work. :) Where to start....

With transfers!! I stayed here in Puerto which is what I wanted, and with my same companion Elder Palmer; which I also don´t mind. He is a really good Elder. We have a lot of work still to do here in Puerto, so I am very happy to stay at least another transfer here. There are a bunch of families that we are teaching now that I want to see get baptized. I wasn´t in the bus terminal all night this time, I was just there all day. I got to the terminal just after 6 in the morning, and left at 7:30 at night. I didn´t really have a chance to eat anything during that whole span either, so upon leaving the terminal we went and got some food with the other zone leaders here in Formosa. :) Speaking of the other zone leaders in Formosa, one of them is now Elder Mohlman. In fact he is pretty much sitting right next to me as we speak here in the Internet place. I´ll be seeing alot of him these next few transfers. Every Pday pretty much and also for other random things, like this Thursday is zone leaders council in Resistencia.

The weather has been pretty hot the last few days. The nice thing was that New Year's Eve it wasn´t too hot. It has rained off and on, but nothing really to cool down anything significant. We´ll see what happens this week. I think I´m actually getting more used to the hot weather. Everyone says that January is the worst month, so I´m not quite sure what to expect. We shall see....

New Year's Eve was pretty interesting. We ate lunch with a member family here. We ate more lamb and chicken. The only difficult part was the walk home, we couldn´t find any sort of taxi to get home, so we had to walk. It was like the second world war in the streets. All of the fireworks; pretty much any firework is legal, and an one can buy them. Some that pretty much are just gun powder and go boom! We almost got hit by some; it was a little worrisome, but we made it out ok. :)

What other random stuff happened... We got this amazing family that was a reference from a member from another ward. All of the kids are pretty much already converted, just the mom is a little bit farther behind, but she will be coming along shortly. They are reading and praying and they came to church on Sunday. They should be getting baptized at the end of the month. :) We have a couple of other families that are pretty much in the same boat. We are seeing alot more support from the ward, lots more of them are going to do visits with us and also helping out the new people who show up at the church feel good and happy about their decision to come. It´s really nice. In fact, this week was different from all the rest in terms of trying to get people to go to church. Normally we have to be nagging and constantly reminding people. But this week was different, this week the members put themselves in charge of it, and took care of it for us. Things are just going really well. :)

Well, I don´t really know what more to say... I thought I had done alot of stuff this week, but, after writing the little bit that has happened, I realize that it was kind of a busy week of boring stuff. I´ll try and come up with some cooler stuff for next week. Maybe something exciting will happen while I´m in Resistencia. I hope so. :)
I gotta run!! It´s bowling time!!!!
I love you all!!
- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers