Hey family!!
Well, here we are, another week has gone by. It´s still really, really hot, but I´m still loving the mission. It´s been a really good week. A week with lots of different things going on, I liked it alot. As always we will start with Pday. :) This Pday was in general just an easy going one. We came and sent the numbers to the mission and then went to Walmart to buy important things like Donuts and a board game to play. We bought it between a bunch of us so as to just keep it around for future use by missionaries. :) It´s a Risk type of game, then we ate food and played a bunch of Ping Pong and then we are going to go get a haircut and a bunch of fun stuff like that! Nothing too special.
What other interesting things happened this week. Oh yeah, we had divisions with some of the Elders in our Zone. Normally that is nothing interesting. What made it interesting was that about five minutes after we had split off to go our seperate ways, I got a phone call from my companion informing me that one of the companionships of sisters in our zone had a stalker. Some strange man had come to their apartment early in the morning asking for them. Luckily the owner of their apartment is an ex cop and told the guy just to go away. Nothing really has happened since; they are just being more careful as they work at night. So me and my companion spent the early morning running around in a taxi making sure that everything and everyone was OK.
Another interesting thing is that we got to the end of the month, in terms of money as well. As all familiar with missionaries know, the monthly allowance comes at the beginning of every month. For the last week or so things have been pretty tight. I have made a goal not to have to take any more money out of my personal card, so it was interesting. But I am pleased to report that I have made it, and the allowance came in today. Little by little I am learning how to better budget my money. :) It´s taken me a lot of months, but I´m pretty good at it now!! Mom and Dad, you should be proud. :)
I am pretty excited we are having two baptisms this Saturday, at least that is the goal. But I am confident that it will happen. :) It is a lady and her son. She lives alone with her two kids in Rosario, but for now is living with a part member family here in Formosa. I have really never seen an investigator that has picked up reading the Book of Mormon as quickly as she has. She understands everything that she reads. What impresses her, is how fast her son has picked everything so quick. He is only eight years old, but after watching the video - The Restoration, he could pick up everything and could tell us the story afterward. They both have a suprisingly strong testimony, I am really excited for this Saturday. :) There should be a bunch of baptisms in the zone this Saturday, 13 to be exact. :)
Before I forget, I attached a couple of pictures from the baptism last week. :) I thought you might like that, all the people around her is her family that we are starting to teach right now! :)
To answer a couple of questions. Interviews are this coming Wednesday, followed by a meeting with the stake president and then the mission president. Transfers are a week and a half away. There is a chance that I will be transferred, but if I had to guess, I will be here one more transfer. Which is perfectly OK with me. :) I love this area. But, as I told Mom last week. The Lord will decide where he wants me.
A funny story from this last week at church. So during the sacrament the microphone started having problems and started this terrible shrieking noise that went on through the whole prayer, and the brother blessing the sacrament just kept on going. It was terribly loud, when he ended one of the little kids yelled. OUCH! It kind of distracted from the spirit of the sacrament but at least made me smile. A good thing that has happened for the last bunch of weeks is that one of our recent converts has been passing the Sacrament and really enjoys it. He is preparing to go to the temple and to get the Melchezidek priesthood. :) Always makes one happy. :)
I think the last little story I tell before I have got to run. We contacted a man on Saturday night, just at his house. We talked to him for a little bit and invited him to come to the church meetings and he said he couldn´t go. Then we asked if he wanted to meet in the church last night, he agreed. The wierd thing was he actually met us there.... that like never happens. The lesson we had with him went amazingly well, and he promised to read and pray and decided that he is going to come to church next week without fail. He said many churches had been passing by his house lately, but we are the only ones that called his attention. :) I thought it was a cool story.
Well, I gotta go, I love you all!
con amor,
Matthew
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baptism
Baptism with the new members
baptism
scorpion in baptismal font
Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching
Matthew and President del Castillo
Polly want a cracker?
Cooking Christmas dinner
Merry Christmas
Christmas dinner
Baptism
Dinner is served
Armadillo
Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day
Matthew climbing out of his apartment.
On the radio
Lasagna...
New Area
Baptism
Matthew's district
Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs
Luis's Baptism
The Well
Laundry Facilities
The "shower"
Arturo's Baptism
Door with amazing "safety" bars
Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew
Playing soccer in the mud
Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment
Branch activty
Matthew and Teresa
Baptism
Garupà
Matt's house in Goya
Matthew and companion in Goya
Sunset in Goya
Matthew by river at Bella Vista
Baptism
Matthew and his fries
Bella Vista
Hamburger??
Cathedral in Goya
The outside of the chapel
The chapel
Matthew tracting
The baptismal font
Teresa's baptism
Carmen's baptism
Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)
Carlos' baptism
Matt's first baptism
Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!
Buenos Aires Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment