Monday, October 5, 2009

Another week

Hello to everyone,
Yes, this week has been significantly better than the last week. First off, I remained healthy the entire time.;) The weather here is turning a very sticky hot. I never thought I would miss the cold and the rain that is my home state of Utah. But, that´s the life I guess. You walk outside and get hit by a wave of wetness feeling. I don´t like it, and I´ve only just begun to deal with the heat.
Today, we are playing sports again, which has become the default response for things because we can really only do one big zone activity each transfer. And, it is still being organized. So yeah, I´m hoping that we are going to play volleyball. We shall see, we still have to go get some food first, one of the more important parts of our lives as missionaries.
So, multiple questions about conference. I understood every single word, didn´t miss a beat. Before thinking that I´ve just got a big head about Spanish, I watched it in English. In the chapel and gym is the big screen for all the people who speak Spanish natively. Then in a room seperate, we get the signal in English, and all of the north American missionaries watched in English. So, it was really, really nice. We only had to take a bus about 20 minutes to watch it. The stake center in Centro has a satellite, so it wasn´t that difficult of a process to get there. Yeah, all of the Chileans were really excited at the anouncement of another temple in Chile. And... everyone was making fun of yet another temple in Utah, how every conference they have to announce another in Utah. haha. Jealousy. And, Dad, I did notice that the temple is your old mission. We should go back in a few years for its dedication. :) Between the sessions on Saturday we spent most of our time eating, and walking a little bit along the Costanera - the edge of the Parana River. On Sunday we just stayed in the chapel to talk to the members. But yeah, gotta say I have never appreciated conference as much as I did this first time on my mission, taking notes and the whole deal. I personally was a fan of Elder Holland's, and President Monson's talks. But, then again, there wasn´t really a talk I didn´t like.
We didn´t get to have a baptism, and this Saturday looks iffy. Our investigators a couple years back had signed a written contract to do some stuff for another church and have to clear that all up before they can get baptized. Otherwise our investigators are coming along nicely. We put another baptismal date with a woman, and have a few more that we are hoping to put dates with here shortly. None that specifically come to mind as special, but I will keep you updated. Our focus right now is really on finding some new ones. We have lots that are just sitting there and not really progressing, so we need to clear that up. 
The lack of English in my life is still strange, though over the weekend I was able to speak it a little bit. And with our Branch mission leader, Willie. It's strange, but I am picking up Spanish still alot faster than I was a few weeks ago.
There were really no major exciting events this week, though last night we did have P Day eve. We played the Argentine version of Risk, and I played a few games of chess with Elder Hormazabul. I won! Dad, don´t forget how to play these games, I´m gonna want to play them alot when I get home. 
Well, I think that is all. This week was a lot better, just nothing that happened that was really specific. Thanks as always for all of the updates on the family, I do read them. Michael and Lisa, thank you for your emails. Keep them coming!!!!! And keep your grades up. Ryan, I expect a letter soon. 
Haha, until next week,
con mucho amor, miss you all,
Elder Matthew

1 comment:

  1. Awe, it looks like Matt is having the greatest time ever, what's his email or address out there? i want to write him! (=
    love cousin nicole!

    ReplyDelete

Baptism

Baptism

Baptism with the new members

Baptism with the new members

baptism

baptism

scorpion in baptismal font

scorpion in baptismal font

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Sister that was baptized and her family that they are now teaching

Matthew and President del Castillo

Matthew and President del Castillo

Polly want a cracker?

Polly want a cracker?

Cooking Christmas dinner

Cooking Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Baptism

Baptism

Dinner is served

Dinner is served
Armadillo

Monkey see monkey do

Monkey see monkey do
Matthew enjoying P-day

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

Matthew climbing out of his apartment.

On the radio

On the radio

Lasagna...

Lasagna...

New Area

New Area

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew's district

Matthew's district

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Matthew and his "newbie" Elder Coombs

Luis's Baptism

Luis's Baptism

The Well

The Well

Laundry Facilities

Laundry Facilities

The "shower"

The "shower"

Arturo's Baptism

Arturo's Baptism

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Door with amazing "safety" bars

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Elder Dumenes, President del Castillo and Matthew

Playing soccer in the mud

Playing soccer in the mud

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Tarantula found on the wall in Matthew's apartment

Branch activty

Branch activty

Matthew and Teresa

Matthew and Teresa

Baptism

Baptism

Garupà

Garupà

Matt's house in Goya

Matt's house in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Matthew and companion in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Sunset in Goya

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Matthew by river at Bella Vista

Baptism

Baptism

Matthew and his fries

Matthew and his fries

Bella Vista

Bella Vista

Hamburger??

Hamburger??

Cathedral in Goya

Cathedral in Goya

The outside of the chapel

The outside of the chapel

The chapel

The chapel

Matthew tracting

Matthew tracting

The baptismal font

The baptismal font

Teresa's baptism

Teresa's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Carmen's baptism

Cleaning the font

Cleaning the font
doesn't he look happy :)

Carlos' baptism

Carlos' baptism

Matt's first baptism

Matt's first baptism

Arrival at the MTC

Arrival at the MTC
Here I go... ¡Adìos!

Buenos Aires Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Followers