Hello to everyone, again, from here in……..
As expected, I wasn´t transferred. Our whole apartment stayed the same, so we naturally had to celebrate by eating a half a kilo of ice cream (each) the night of transfers. It was really, really fun, but… none of us felt very good afterwards. Our district only lost one person. One of the Sisters bécame a trainer. Otherwise nothing too major. The other district in the zone lost half though. It's completely different. I still haven´t had a chance to meet the new ones yet. We will see what happens.
Because everyone is always curious exactly what our plans for Pday are--today, we are going to the Institute Building to eat and to play ping pong and also to just relax for a little while. We are already in the works to make some plans to convince President to let us go to some other waterfalls this transfer. The ones we are hoping for however, are a great deal bigger than the previous two trips. Massive waterfalls. The kind they make postcards from. I´ll let your imagination take it from there. I´m sure you can already guess however, what they would be. We shall see a bit later in the transfer what happens. (He is talking about Iguazu Falls.)
As for what happened this week, absolutely nothing major. The highlight of the week was that Friday started a thunderstorm, whose effects are still carrying over into today. Why this might be important? It means that the temperatures have calmed down a lot, and a lot of the bugs have managed to die. Something that I am always happy about. Otherwise the transfers made the week a little bit crazy. What´s another highlight… Oh! On Tuesday we were able to go and pick up fans to make studying more bearable when the heat comes back. Our companionship also got to participate in our first branch council. After going to that, I left sure hoping the ward councils at home are somewhat more effective. Wow. This brings us to the other highlight, our new Branch President is good, in that he is really starting to focus on the work. Otherwise nothing really is different.
Since this week was extremely normal, I´m going to answer a few questions now. In theory I exercise every day. For the most part yes. But there are days where the exercise consists of making a bigger breakfast. Haha… But mostly we lift weights and do ab workouts. We´re considering going running in the mornings, but as of yet, it is just a consideration.
My health... is and has been pretty good. I´ve only had a couple of instances where I really felt bad, the rest, has all been pretty good. Headaches are pretty common. I experienced one for the first time earlier this week. I don´t know what it´s called in English, where your head gets too hot, cause of the stupid sun, so you get a killer headache and have to drink more water. But that´s all, so far so good.
Strange animals…. Honestly, I haven´t seen many strange animals. A few strange bugs that I haven´t seen before, and a couple of cockroaches. Guess I need to work on finding some so that Ryan will be satisfied.
Well, that´s all. I love and miss you all!
Con mucho amor,
Matthew
(This next part came right after he had sent the first e-mail.)
So.... Now, I am sad. I´m back, because we just got word from President del Castillo. I´m being emergency transferred to Corrientes. Belgrano, in the south. The problem wasn´t us, and we don´t know who it was. But, I leave early tomorrow morning.(He is really sad about leaving this area. He loved it here.)
No comments:
Post a Comment